Monday, October 22, 2012

Glimmer Mist background ~ spray inks

I picked up a mixed media scrapbook magazine last week and found a how-to for this gorgeous background. You will have to check it out in the store because my pictures really don't do it justice. It is very soft and pretty. Perfect for the photos I planned on putting on it.


If you want to try it yourself here's a quick tutorial on what I did.

I started off with white cardstock.  I tore some leafy pp and adhered it to the bottom of the page.

I chose 4 colours that worked with my flower pictures.  Yellow gold, pink, blue and green glimmer mists.

I misted my paper heavily with plain old water.  I used more then 2 of my mini misters full of water.  The paper needs to be good and wet for the mists to blur successfully.
When my paper was wet enough I sprayed the yellow gold all over.  Then I sprayed some blue, then pink and finally a little green. I splattered some white spray ink over top of it all. It was almost too pretty to put photos on it :) 


Here are some close-ups of the finished layout...

My title is on a Sizzix diecut I have had in my stash forever.  The alpha stickers are Prima and BoBunny.  I perched a Maya Rd felt bird on top. I punched some green leaves and cut apart a Prima bling piece to make it look like vines growing up the sign post.

A smash journal page is layered under the photo along with a Calico button and some Prima blooms.

More Prima bling and blooms...


And last, but not least the grape hyacinth I made earlier this week.  I posted a 'how-to' for them on Tuesday.  The stick pins are by Little Yellow Bicycle.

If you're coming to the crop this weekend at the Blueberry I hope you bring your inks and mists.  I'm going to.  We can make some fun backgrounds for our photos.

No comments: