Sunday, May 1, 2011

Tropical holiday photos.

I scrapped my sister's first Mexican holiday album using the Making Memories vacation line.  It was quick and simple with clean lines. I think I did most of it in a weekend.
But that was almost 3 years ago and I'm really enjoying playing with my masks and spray inks now. I hope she likes this layout as much as her previous ones.



I used a Heidi Swapp hibiscus mask on my background and sprayed it with pink Glimmer mist. Then I found an old package of HS hibiscus rubons so I layered them on top of the misting. They must have been past their 'use by' date because they didn't go on very easily.  I really like the cream on top of the black on top of the pink on top of the white.


The turquoise vellum I wet, scrunched up, then laid flat to dry. I edged it with light blue stickles and then sprinkled a little dark blue glitter on top of that. I thought it looked like a pool of cool rippling water.


The patterned papers are all Karen Foster. I also used some Mulberry paper because I love the texture. And my border punch that I think looks like a sea shell.


The alphabet chipboard is a Basic Grey set.  I love their sets.  You get a ton of letters.  I've used this set a couple times before and I still have lots of e's and a's left for more titles.  I swiped some blue and pink ink across the white so it wasn't so bright.  And then sewed the letters down to secure them. 

The colour combination is from this weeks Color Room challenge #56.


No comments: