Monday, May 2, 2011

New stuff...

hi girls! I just took some layouts to the store, and I got to see Heathers layout that she just posted below, and it's even nicer to see in real life with all the layers and dimension. Go have a look!

So, I saw a sketch online this week that was SO simple, i had to do it -



just a simple photo that shows what i've been really into these days - and a small collection of things at the corner that speak about the photo or your journaling. Perhaps it's more simple than something you would normally do - but it's sometimes so gratifying to make a layout in 20 minutes that totally captures something about life RIGHT NOW.

I also have no will power when it comes to resisting alphabet chipboard/stickers/thickers. I tried to use up the odd ones that are left over on one layout for another favorite photo:





Doodled a bit and added some embroidery border. Embroidering on a layout is a good thing to do when you're watching Project Runway re-runs. {Just in case you were looking for something to do.}



And another one inspired by Crystal - I always like her colorful layouts with lots of fun patterned paper.



i like the little clouds that are on layouts now, and I happily discovered that you can make cloud-like shapes with the scalloped punch, by using half the scalloped circle. I'll be doing it again. Have a great week! Spring is here!!

No comments: