Monday, April 25, 2011

Explore ~ a two page layout

It's been almost a month since I've scrapbooked.  We've been busy renovating our upstairs bathroom and getting ready for spring; I think it's finally here :)

So this is a layout I put together yesterday. I sprayed blue chalk mist over a diecut I had of the days of the week.  And I splattered some green smooch spritz across the page just for fun. Actually my sprayer was clogged and i got annoyed with it and when I twisted off the top to unclog it I was standing over top of my paper instead of doing the smart thing and going to the sink to twist it off there. Oh, well.  The splatters landed in just the right spots so I worked with it.


I couldn't find an alpha I like for the title so I used a mixture of old stickers I had lying around.  Remember the old Chatterbox sticker letters?  The 'o' is a piece of chipboard from a 'boy' themed sheet. (I used quite a few stars from that same sheet to embellish this page). The chipboard 'p' and 'e' were pink and purple.  I tore off the top layer to get the rough chipboard underneath.

I added some left over strips of punched patterned paper (Karen Foster) and a few stars to draw attention to my journaling.  You can just see the 'Mon, Tues, Wed...' that I misted over underneath it all.

I used my 'Swiss Cheese' border punch along the edges of my crab photo. The blue mulberry paper peaks out of some of the holes and from under the border punched paper strips.  I love tearing this paper. It reminds me of the waves foaming as they hit the beach.  And I think the decorative border punch I used on the peach paper looks like seashells.


No comments: