Thursday, July 8, 2010

2 page layout using an MME line

Cloud paper has been popular for the last few months and has appeared in a few different manufacturers lines.  I love this green MME cloud paper.  When I spotted it I couldn't resist grabbing a couple pieces and the bits and pieces that coordinated with it.


I cut up the dotty paper that comes in a fun shape and used it to ground my photos.  Doesn't it make a fun edge with the curves that look like brackets?  'Little Man' is a diecut piece that comes as is. All I added was the flower.  'Big World' is the set of Alpha stickers that coordinates with this line of papers.

I found a sheet of words and two alphabets by Bella Blvd that coordinates nicely with this line of MME so I used them on this layout as extra embellishments.  The center of the flowers and the word strip in the top left corner are from this sheet.

I love making banners.  It's my new favourite 'technique'. I can't stop cutting out triangles ~ I think I need a triangle punch to make things easier. I put little round alpha stickers on my banner that reads 'gondola ride'.

One trick I use to keep everything lined up across 2 sheets of paper when creating two page layouts is too glue down uncut papers that span the pages. I don't cut them along the seam untill I've finished the layout.  This ensures I don't jiggle my pages and end up with crooked joins.  BUT I have to remember that there will be a seam there in the end and titles/journaling should be seperated across the seam.  I wasn't paying attention on this layout and ended up cutting through the 'W' on WORLD. I also ended up with my journaling on the seam.  I did move my strips so that the cut went between words instead of through words.
Something to think about when you're building two page layouts...

No comments: