Saturday, August 22, 2009

Border art

Do you ever see something in your head before you create it and then when it's done it looks nothing like you thought it would? So dissapointing when that happens, but not this time.
This project looks just as I imagined it. I'm so thrilled with how it turned out.

I started by drawing in my 4 wavey lines with pencil. Then I decided where I wanted my paper strips and glued them down. Next I pulled out the sewing machine and threaded it with brown thread. I mostly did straight stitch but threw in a few zigzag scallops while I was sewing the lines.
I'm doing another layout about our new pet hedgehog so when I spotted the Quickutz hedgehog die Unforgettable Memories had I immediately bought it.
The cardstock is sprayed with brown ink using one of my new 'mini misters' (I'll tell you all about them in a post coming up). I punched the hedgehogs out and inked the edges before adhering the pieces to my border.
I'll show you the rest of the layout once I get it finished. It will be at the store on Tuesday.

No comments: