Friday, April 26, 2013

Overlays and sparkles

Overlays are a great way to add lots of detail quickly and easily to a layout.  Unforgettable Memories has quite a few different designs.  The overlay I used on this layout is a Christmas themed one.  The border around the page, the Love quote along the bottom and the corner scrolls are all printed on the overlay. 

I placed my photo, mattings, 'Smash' journal spot, and a couple of flatter embellishements under the overlay.   The Prima flowers, butterflies, wood stars and Kaiser jewels are on top of the overlay.

My base is white and the words on the overlay are white so I used some green metallic Making Memories acrylic paint under the overlays title and quote so it would show up better.  I also edged my photo matte with the same green.  It matches the green border of the overlay perfectly!

I used a piece of white sparkly cardstock as a base. I love the little flowers Unforgettable Memories got in.  They are great as accents on punched butterflies, as fillers for flower clusters or just on their own.


I put Kaiser jewels on the overlay design in a few places.  They really bling up my page.

My flower cluster is a mix of pretty Prima flowers and leaves. The cheesecloth underneath it all adds texture.

ho ho Ho. The Prima mini letters come in so many different colours I was able to find the perfect colour for this layout.  The sticker words are from the Simple Stories baby line.  The journaling spot is one of K&Co. Smash pads.
 
So if you're looking for a quick way to dress up a page check out the many different overlays at Unforgettable Memories. This one was in the Christmas section.  There are some cute summer & beach ones as well as some really interesting Halloween ones and many more themes.

No comments: