Sunday, February 10, 2013

My Minds Eye layout

Follow Your Heart has to be my favourite of all the My Minds Eye lines.  The colours are soft and pretty. The designs are unique.  The paper I picked for my background below looks like it is several kraft papers layered with a row of dainty lace around the top layer.  It is very feminine and dainty looking.
Along the left side is a collage of bits and pieces, and stamped images. I might have to try and recreate something similar myself; some washi tape, stamped foliage, maybe punched butterflies as well as stamped ones.

 
I stamped the chandalier using Tim Holtz's black distress ink.  It matched the printed stamps better than a shinier ink like Brilliance would have.
The chipboard banner is from the coordinating sheet of chipboard stickers.  I cut the banner in two pieces and used a tiny Making Memories flower to cover the join.
 
I used a mixture of Prima flowers to embellish the corner of my photo.  The vines and leaves are a branch I cut up and used in various places.  The little wood camera is by Kaiser.  They have some wonderful designs for our layouts.  Birds, butterflies, little people...


I used a Kaiser wood butterfly on the chipboard title of my page.

The entire time I was working on this layout the tune to 'How Sweet it is to be Loved by You' was going through my head. So I found a few places to stick down some music note Washi tape.  Like above my photo holding my stamped tags in place.

Next time you are in the store pick up some My Minds Eye.  The patterns are gorgeous.  I have some yellow and turquiose pieces left.  I'm trying to decide on a boy page or another girl page.  The chipboard sheet has some fabulous kites on it, that I can't wait to use.

No comments: