Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Paint Daubers

'Day is Done'

Have you tried them yet?  They are so fun.  I recently bought a white one and then wasn't sure what to do with it so I googled Paint Daubers.  Tim Holtz has some great ideas and videos for using the daubers on your paper craft projects.  I found one by Heidi Swapp that had a neat techniqe for using the white dauber on the edges of the black Cosmo Cricket chipboard.  I thought it would look awesome as an edge to my layout so I tried it.  And loved it.  After dabbing the paint around the edges I stamped over it with a script stamp. You can see the video here.


Then I used my favourite big scroll mask and the pink Glimmer Mist and sprayed my background.  I added a little more pink with an inkpad once the Glimmer Mist had dried.

I really like the package of white frames I picked up.  The long thin strips I backed with K&Co paper. The big square one I cut in half and used on each side of my layout.  I also cut the crochet doily in half.
To embellish my page I used some Basic Grey pieces, Little Yellow Bicycle journal spot and, of course, some Prima.

No comments: