Sunday, February 13, 2011

Handmade flowers and blingy ribbon

The background pp and title stickers are Echo Park.  The rest of the patterned papers is Harmonie.  Also the ribbon. And that pretty wood flower peaking out from behind the photo is what the ribbon came wound around.
I 'stitched' along the edges of the diecut paper with my white gel pen.


I've been seeing these little rolled flowers everywhere so I decided to give them a try.  They are very simple to make.  Just cut a circle; I used the inside of the glue dot roll for the smaller one and a pillar candle I had on my dining room table for the larger flower.  Then I cut the circle in to a spiral shape and rolled it using glue dots to hold my rolls in place. Add some bling to the center and a couple of handcut leaves from patterned paper and they're done.
I found a tutorial on this blog.
Just remember that the wider your spirals and the tighter you roll your flower the more it will stand off your page.  I flattened mine a little so they weren't so bulky.

No comments: