Friday, February 28, 2014

Prima Sketch

Did anyone try Prima's February sketch?  I did.  My layout is below.

I've used some older Prima papers and rub-ons as well as Prima blooms, leaves and stamps.

I started with a sheet of cardstock and layered washi tape under the photo mattes and a strip across the top of the layout.  Then I sprayed, drizzled and dripped various colours of Glimmer mist over it all.  Yellow, blue, and pink.  I decided it was too bright so covered everything with a thin layer of white paint to tone it down.  Just enough of a layer to wash all the colours out.

I used a rose from Prima's mini motifs screens on each side of my photo matte with blue spray mist. It is subtle, but I like how it turned out.


I used my chevron stencil to create some texture and then drizzled some turquoise glimmer mist over it.

Then I used a small acrylic, floral Prima stamp and pink ink to add some more pattern. And a script stamp with black ink to add further pattern.

 
The 'I heart U' is a Prima rub-on as are the cute little creatures elsewhere on the layout.
 
I layered cheesecloth under my layered photo matte and some vellum strips. The zig zag is washi tape.  Check out the store for loads of great washi tape designs.

A cluster of embellishments with a Prima felt 'b' for my Breanna.

And a Prima felt 15 for my daughters age.

I hope Fort St John has contributed a few layouts to Prima's sketch challenge this month.
Heather

No comments: