Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Summer hours

I've been seeing a few signs around the town declaring "summer hours" - shorter hours of operation to allow for the absolute maximum enjoyment of our woefully short summers here in the north. I feel like summer hours have hit my scrapbooking room too - who wants to stay inside when there is all that dirt to sink your fingers into out in the garden? Or all those miles to be pedaled on bikes with the kids, all those walking trails to cruise, all those patios to sit on and have some refreshment...even if you can't make yourself sit down and create some papery-gluey-photo-y stuff, you can be inspired by all the sunlight and green and the wonderful feelings summer can breathe into our wintered bodies. And, you can stop by the store and have a DELICIOUS drink at the Canadian Grind and buy some stuff to prepare for the fall and winter :)
Thought I'd share a few layouts.


I was playing around with a corner punch while chatting on the phone one night and saw that i could make a chevron sort of pattern with them. 


I used the Echo Park note to self kit and i TOTALLY LOVE IT all.


and a two pager. I stared at all these photos forever - they are so busy, so i thought they should all be together in a big collage with minimum embellishment. And anyway, there wasn't room :)





No comments: