Friday, July 29, 2011

Cosmo Cricket 'Salt Air'

Have you seen Cosmos Cricket's 'Salt Air' line in the store.  What a fun line to use for summer water pictures; at the beach, on holidays, or in the tub. 
I picked up 4 patterned papers; 2 Deckchairs for my background and 1 Fish tales for matting and extras and 1 Border piece.















I love that they're all double sided.  To get my stripy border I cut a 3" strip from my background, flipped it over and attached it back on using a strip from the Border sheet to hide the join. 


The border strips are perfect for making rosette flowers.  I see rosettes everwhere so I decided to give them a go.  I used a 6" length the width of whichever border strip I chose and folded them back and forth in about 1/4" increments. So easy! I punched little circles and distressed them for the centers and added a Kaiser jewel. 


I used another of the Border strips for my journaling bits. I just tore each piece out and stacked them on top of each other before writing out my story.




I like to tuck tags behind my photos as an embellishment. These ones are outlined in black ink and then I scattered a few buttons.
 
 
 
 
 
I think my favourite rosette is the bright coloured stripy one.
 
 
I tucked a couple of Prima's pink hydrangeas below the rosettes and title sticker (Jolees) and scattered some Kaiser jewels around it all. I even put a few on my photos.
 
 
 
 
 
And here's the finished layout.  I used more of the Border strips to ground my photos.  The alphabet letters are from another Cosmo Cricket line I had in my stash.




Don't you love the pink flip flops?  Those are Jolee's stickers.

No comments: