Saturday, October 23, 2010

One week to Halloween.

Are you ready?  Have you had fun decorating?  I found some fun ideas on line to show you as well as a couple projects my daughter and I have been working on.
First is a wreath.  It's square so can we still call it a wreath?
It was super easy to make.  I cut out the rectangular shape from a shoe box lid.  Wrapped it all in orange halloween paper.




I glued some Chip Chatter chipboard letters together to make my 'SPOOKY' word and tied it to the frame. Then I started glueing on black vellum circles I had punched using my scalloped circle punch. I scrunched the circles around the eraser end of a pencil and used a glue gun to adhere them to the frame.

Once I had finished covering the frame with scalloped circles I found a sticker title by Little Yellow Bicycle to add to the bottom right corner.  I have it hanging beside my front door and I love it. Remember if you hang it on a window you will need to finish off the back neatly.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My daughter is hosting a halloween party and one of the acitivities she is planning is makeovers; spooky makeovers. She created this banner for the door to her makeover room.
We cut the triangles 8" long and 6" wide at the top.  Breanna chose a Karen Foster halloween paper I bought last year.  She used a new border punch I picked up last week, to create the black border.  The green around the letter circles is ribbon we bought for this project, as is the green trim she used to hang the banner from.  Both are available at Unforgettable Memories. She put eyelets in the bottom of each triangle and strung some pretty beads from there.  The little figures (ghost, witch and skeleton) she cut from a Bo Bunny Halloween paper.
This project would look just as cute with 'BOO' as the title, or make a longer banner with 'Happy Halloween' on it. Lots of possibilities.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I've found some other fun Halloween ideas online.  I love the BOO banner Keisha Campbell created for the Jenni Bowlin website

And how about these coffee filter cobwebs.  I could see them sprayed with 'soot' Glimmer mist or maybe some stickles for extra sparkle and shine. 

This garland would be fun and easy to make with the kids.  It would look extra special using double sided Halloween patterned paper. A leaf punch and some brads to attach the pumpkins to the raffia or Halloween trim and it's all done.

The Gluearts Blog has some great ideas for Halloween blog like these magnetic bottle caps.  Full instructions are on their blog.

I hope there is something here that will get you creating.  If you try any of these projects please let us see pictures.  And have a very Spoooooooooky Halloween.

No comments: