Monday, June 29, 2009

I love Basic Greys 'Wisteria' line. The colours are so pretty and perfect with outdoor photos. Unfortunately when I was in the store she only had the 6" x 6" pads. I bought it anyway. I knew I could create a few pages using the small sized papers. I also picked up the coordinating brads, chipboard alpha and sticker sheet.

For this first layout I basically used the papers as mattes for my photos. I trimmed my pictures to 5 ½" x 3 ½". Then I double matted them all with pretty paper. Some of the papers I border punched and some I tore ~ you'll be able to see it more clearly in the store.
My background paper is simply a couple pieces of white cardstock. I sprayed a trail of gold Glimmer Mist diagonally across my pages to my title. The word 'LOVE' is made with a Heidi Swapp alpha mask set I have had for ages. 'Feel' is the coordinating chipboard alpha and the rest of the words are brown Fancy Pants alpha stickers. I sprinkled flowers, stickers and punches along my gold trail and added more stickers to the tops of my photos. I love how this page turned out!

On my second layout I used the pattern papers to create a base for my pictures. I also cut little triangles of patterned paper to make my own photo corners and cut up the coordinating border stickers to partially matte my photos.



My last layout is a single pager. I used a couple different Glimmer Mists over a Maya Road chipboard scroll on the background paper and then used an old toothbrush to splatter on some green Making Memories acrylic paint.
I used my border punch on the photo matting, and a border sticker to top my scallop punched strip. That strip is two 5" lengths joined. Can you tell? The white felt Prima flowers are centered with the Wisteria brads.


 

One last project with scraps from my layouts is this card I made for my husband. I've been getting my money's worth out of the heart border punch. I used it here as a corner punch on my two patterned paper pieces, as well as a border punch along the one edge.

So the next time you're looking at the smaller sized paper packs, know that they're not just for cards. You can do lots of fun things on your 12" x 12" layouts with those papers.

No comments: